Vital Skills for Staff
"I started my role during the lock down and all the resources and support online have been a game changer. Very clear, easy to find and up to date. Just brilliant." – The Welcoming
About Vital Skills
Vital Skills now consists of seven modules and will run three times in 2021. Please note that we are currently only offering training online. The seven modules were developed by Befriending Networks to provide comprehensive grounding for new coordinators and managers, or a refresher for more experienced workers in a befriending team. All seven modules have been amended to ensure they cater to both distance befriending and face-to-face. The seven modules available are:
- Training for Trainers: How to facilitate effective training in your befriending service
- Recruitment and Selection: Targeting the 'right' team through a smart marketing and interview process
- Support and supervision: Creating a professional support system that protects all
- Boundaries: Establishing the importance of professional boundaries throughout the project
- Risk Management: Demonstrating the need for a strong risk management procedure to best protect all involved
- Matching: Creating a successful matching process and practices to support the achievement of outcomes
- Managing Waiting Lists, Capacity and Endings: Recognising the importance of a strong pathway throughout
Found 5 events.
FULLY BOOKED: Boundaries: Establishing the importance of professional boundaries throughout the project
Tuesday 21st September > Thursday 30th September 2021, Webinar 30/09 9:30AM - 11:30AM
Tuesday 12th October > Tuesday 26th October 2021, Webinar 9:30AM - 11:30AM
Tuesday 16th November 9:30AM - 10:30AM > Thursday 9th December 9:30AM - 12NOON
Matching: Creating a successful matching process and practices to support the achievement of outcomes
Tuesday 16th November 2021 > Thursday 25th November 2021, Webinar 9:30AM - 11:30AM
Managing Waiting Lists, Capacity and Endings: Recognising the importance of a strong process through the befriending match pathway
Wednesday 24th November 2021 > Thursday 2nd December 2021, Webinar 9:30AM - 11:30AM
Signed up? Access Online Learning Here!
Login to Online Learning using your username & password provided by Befriending Networks
Webinars will be hosted on Zoom. A link to join will be provided prior to the webinar. Your ability to actively participate in the webinar will enable you get the most out of the course, so please ensure you have a stable internet connection and login a few minutes prior to the webinar to confirm that your camera and microphone are working (particularly if you have not used Zoom before).
* Please note: we understand that circumstances may require a change of training dates. We allow you to defer once when we are given notice of at least 48hours, after that it is seen as a non-refundable cancellation. Please do check your diary before committing to any dates.