Vital Skills for Staff
"I started my role during the lock down and all the resources and support online have been a game changer. Very clear, easy to find and up to date. Just brilliant." – The Welcoming
About Vital Skills
The next running of Vital Skills will be in 2021. Vital Skills now consists of seven modules and usually runs two or three times a year. These seven modules were developed by Befriending Networks to provide comprehensive grounding for new coordinators and managers, or a refresher for more experienced workers in a befriending team.
The seven modules available are:
- Training for Trainers: How to facilitate effective training in your befriending service
- Recruitment and Selection: Steps to getting and supporting the 'right' volunteers
- Support and supervision:Creating a professional support system that protects befrienders, service users and your organisation
- Boundaries: Establishing the importance of professional boundaries throughout the project
- Matching: Creating a successful matching process and practices to support the achievement of outcomes
- Risk Management: Demonstrating the need for as trong risk management procedure and how best to protext all involved in Befriending
- Managing Waiting Lists and Endings: Recognising the importance of a strong process throughout the befriendign match pathway
Dates for 2021 will be posted in January. If you would like to know anything more about Vital Skills and what the courses entail i.e. time commitment then please get in touch Victoria@befriending.co.uk
There are no forthcoming events.
* Please note: we understand that circumstances may require a change of training dates. We allow you to defer once when we are given notice of at least 48hours, after that it is seen as a non-refundable cancellation. Please do check your diary before committing to any dates.