Vital Skills for Staff
"I started my role during the lock down and all the resources and support online have been a game changer. Very clear, easy to find and up to date. Just brilliant." – The Welcoming
About Vital Skills
Vital Skills now consists of seven modules and will run three times in 2021. The seven modules were developed by Befriending Networks to provide comprehensive grounding for new coordinators and managers, or a refresher for more experienced workers in a befriending team. All seven modules have been amended to ensure they cater to both distance befriending and face-to-face.
The seven modules available are:
- Training for Trainers: How to facilitate effective training in your befriending service
- Recruitment and Selection: Steps to getting and supporting the 'right' volunteers
- Support and supervision: Creating a professional support system that protects all
- Boundaries: Establishing the importance of professional boundaries throughout the project
- Risk Management: Demonstrating the need for a strong risk management procedure to best protect all involved
- Matching: Creating a successful matching process and practices to support the achievement of outcomes
- Managing Waiting Lists, Capacity and Endings: Recognising the importance of a strong pathway throughout
If you would like to know anything more about Vital Skills and what the courses entail i.e. time commitment then please get in touch Victoria@befriending.co.uk
Found 5 events.
FULLY BOOKED Training for Trainers: How to facilitate effective training in your befriending service
Tuesday 27th April 2021 - Tuesday 18th May 2021
Thursday 20th May 2021 > Tuesday 1st June 2021
Monday 24th May 2021 > Friday 4th June 2021
Tuesday 8th June > Tuesday 22nd June, Webinar 10am - 12:30pm
Monday 14th June > Thursday 24th June 2021, Webinar 10am - 12noon
Signed up? Access Online Learning Here!
Login to Online Learning using your username & password provided by Befriending Networks
Webinars will be hosted on Zoom. A link to join will be provided prior to the webinar. Your ability to actively participate in the webinar will enable you get the most out of the course, so please ensure you have a stable internet connection and login a few minutes prior to the webinar to confirm that your camera and microphone are working (particularly if you have not used Zoom before).
* Please note: we understand that circumstances may require a change of training dates. We allow you to defer once when we are given notice of at least 48hours, after that it is seen as a non-refundable cancellation. Please do check your diary before committing to any dates.