Vital Skills: Risk Management
Thursday 9th May, 9:30AM - 2:30PM
Purpose of course
This module is designed to develop your knowledge and understanding of the steps befriending services can take to protect vulnerable groups, volunteers, staff, and the reputation of the organisation. Working within the community requires an awareness of many external factors, knowledge of risk indicators, and the use of strong internal controls. Those who complete this course will develop their knowledge and understanding to run their befriending project and support their stakeholders safely.
Learning objectives include
- To assess the purpose of risk management
- To define the risk(s) facing your organisation
- To formulate the best methods to respond to risk
- To construct an effective risk policy and risk assessment procedure
- To assess your understanding of important legislation
Duration and Time Commitment
This course requires attendance online Thursday 9th May, 9:30 - 2:30 PM (GMT). Participants will receive access to a range of materials before the online event to support preparation. Participants will also have access to additional support from the course coach, and access to course content post-session. All attendees will receive a certificate of completion after attending, participating online, and completing the summative assessment at the end of the course to demonstrate understanding of Risk Management.
Agenda for the day
- Networking and the Purpose of Risk Management
- Risk types facing charities and the third sector
- Tea Break
- Risk Policy, Register, and Strategy
- Risk Management Models and Responding to Risk
- Tea Break
- How to write your Risk Policy and Risk Assessment Form
- How well do you know your legislation?
- Questions and Close
Participants will gain access to the course materials prior to the Zoom event. This is to outline the agenda, key discussion points, and support materials for anyone who wishes to prepare in advance. Any attendee of this course will also gain the opportunity to access 1:1 support and consultancy with Befriending Networks staff to create a Risk Management policy to ensure their project achieves an accountable and safe practice.
This day of delivery is £65 for members of Befriending Networks and £90 for non-members.
Are you a member? Make sure to log in before booking to receive your discount.
Contact the course facilitator at Victoria@befriending.co.uk
* Please note: we understand that circumstances may require a change of training dates. We allow you to defer once when we are given notice of at least 48 hours, after that it is seen as a non-refundable cancellation. Please do check your diary before committing to any dates.