"The scenario sessions really challenged how I would deal with many situations and made me reflect. It was so beneficial hearing other peoples feedback, views and opinions." - Training Participant from FAMS
"Very informative and helped me feel confident about being part of providing a befriending service." - Training Participant from MD Group Maintenance Mates
About Bespoke Training
At current, bespoke training is available online only. The bespoke process at current is:
- Meeting with the Development team at Befriending Networks to discuss training wants / needs
- Once content and contract is agreed, training is developed (usually across 2-3 weeks) using any resources provided such as Volunteer handbook or Safeguarding policy to ensure your bespoke training is relevant and accurate to your project
- Your organisation collects GDPR consent from all participants so that Befriending Networks can contact and assist participants directly
- All participants are sent training materials for independent learning, as well as date and time for training webinar
- Once materials have been accessed for 1 - 2 weeks by participants, all come together for training webinar
- Webinar allows opportunity to compare and contrast answers, share learning, experience and concerns, recieving guidance from Befriending Networks
- Organisation who commissioned the bespoke now have ownership of the materials to run the training in-house when and if needed
Our experienced team can design and deliver training to fit any project's requirements. Most recently, we have provided befriending volunteer training, staff leadership training, and volunteer & mental health awareness training.
At current, training courses can only be held online. Costs will be calculated based upon the time & resource necessary for preparation, delivery and evaluation. Additional costs can include travel and accommodation where necessary, however we do try to keep the costs down as much as possible and will openly discuss this.
Call Befriending Networks 0131 261 8799 and ask for Victoria Galloway, Learning and Development Officer or email firstname.lastname@example.org.