Interest Link Borders
• We aim to improve the quality of life of people with learning disabilities and their carers in the Scottish Borders through volunteer befriending.
• We were founded in 1990 and have 320 service users and 220 volunteers
• We provide 1:1 and group befriending services for children (aged 8 and over), young people and adults with learning disabilities through our four branches covering Roxburgh, Tweeddale, Central Borders and Berwickshire.
Information for volunteers
• We are looking for people of all ages, from all walks of life and from every corner of the Borders to volunteer and make an impact on the quality of life of over 300 socially isolated children, young people and adults with learning disabilities who use our services.
• You don’t need any special experience or skills, just your goodwill and a few hours every fortnight or month.
• Seeing the difference you make to the life of someone with learning disabilities can be immensely satisfying. As well as improving their quality of life (and giving respite to their carers), they benefit hugely from knowing you are with them purely out of choice.