NEW Volunteer Training Toolkit
Access to free volunteer training resources is one of the key benefits Befriending Networks offers to its members. In response to the need to train new befrienders at a distance during the pandemic, Befriending Networks developed Interim Volunteer Training Videos to support befriending projects and voluntary organisations throughout the UK. After receiving feedback on the Videos and information about befriending coordinator's training needs during 2020, the new Volunteer Training Toolkit has been created to provide a variety of training resources to assist coordinators to train new befrienders.
Want to know what exactly is in the volunteer training toolkit? Find out HERE
"We Provide The Tools - You Build The Volunteers"
Welcome to the brand-new Volunteer Training Toolkit. This Toolkit provides befriending coordinators with a variety of resources to assist in training volunteer befrienders, including:
- Ideas for interactive activities, both face-to-face and online
- Training videos
- PowerPoint presentations
- Audio recordings of training content
- Reflective questions and exercises
- Reading materials for your volutneers
With a choice of video, audio, written and discussion-based content, the Toolkit strives to help you meet your volunteer's learning needs. Content relating to face-to-face as well as distance befriending is included.
Please note that the Toolkit has been specifically designed to provide essential information about befriending, which should be used alongside in-house, organisation-specific training. Your organisation will have specific policies and procedures that are important to share with volunteers during training, in addition to material covered by resources in the Toolkit.
How Do I Access the Toolkit?
- Ensure you are logged into your account.
- Select the Access the Volunteer Training Toolkit in the events below to register with your name and organisation's detail. The names of participating volunteers should not be provided, registration is for member organisations only.
- Your booking confirmation will provide you with a link to the webpage hosting the Volunteer Training Toolkit and all its many resources.
Have Questions or Feedback about the Toolkit?
Email: Victoria Galloway, Learning and Development Officer, email@example.com
Please note: After six fully booked How To sessions in February, we have added two events to March. These have a capacity of 100 people. Can't make it to these sessions? Don't worry! These sessions are just a tutorial and there is a written How To Guide within the toolkit for your reference.
Found 3 events.
Thursday 18th March 2021, 12pm - 1:30pm
Thursday 18th March 2021, 2pm - 3:30pm