Vital Skills: Support and Supervision
Monday 11th March, 9:30AM - 2:30PM
Purpose of course
This module is designed to develop your knowledge and understanding of the steps befriending services can take to protect vulnerable groups, volunteers, staff and the reputation of the organisation. Working within the community requires an awareness of many external factors, knowledge of risk indicators and the use of strong internal controls. Those that complete this course will develop their knowledge and understanding to run their befriending project and support their stakeholders safely.
Learning objectives include:
- To analyse what support structure is best for your project
- To compare support and supervision content with attendees from other projects
- To identify incentives for volunteer engagement and volunteer retainment
- To discuss methods of data collection and impact measurement
- To calculate staff capacity for providing effective and efficient support and supervisions
Duration and Time Commitment
We are offering this course in a one day intensive delivery so that staff can complete the training in a more efficient timing. Throughout the five hours, participants will discuss and share practice with one another, and complete interactive tasks. The five hours are broken up with two comfort breaks. Post-event, all participants will receive a certificate of completion after their attendance and participation at the event. Participants will also gain access to the Resource Pack with all the course information, as well as any relevant sample policies, procedures or guides signposted during the course.
Agenda for the day
- 9:30am - 9:45am > Networking and the purpose of Support and Supervision
- 9:45am - 10:05am > What type of support is best for your project?
- 10:05am - 10:20am > Providing inclusive support, without bias or discrimination
- 10:20am - 10:50am > What should we cover in a support and supervision agenda?
- 10:50am - 11:10am > Tea Break (20mins)
- 11:10am - 11:35pm > Taking accountability and protecting your reputation
- 11:35pm - 12noon > How do we ensure volunteers attend?
- 12noon - 12:30pm > What helps people feel supported?
- 12:30pm - 12:50pm > Tea Break (20mins)
- 12:50pm - 1:10pm > Gaining the best insight for monitoring impact and retaining volunteers
- 1:20pm - 2pm > Being conscious of our capacity
- 2pm - 2:20pm > Good practice in Support and Supervision Protocol
- 2:20pm - 2:30pm > Questions and Close
Any attendee of this course will gain the opportunity to access 1:1 support and consultancy with Befriending Networks staff with the purpose of creating a Support and Supervision protocol and agenda for their service.
This day of delivery is £65 for members of Befriending Networks, £90 for non-members.
Are you a member? Make sure to log in before booking to receive your discount.
Contact the course facilitator Victoria@befriending.co.uk
* Please note: we understand that circumstances may require a change of training dates. We allow you to defer once when we are given notice of at least 48hours, after that it is seen as a non-refundable cancellation. Please do check your diary before committing to any dates.