Vital Skills: Risk Management
Wednesday 6th December, 10am - 2:30pm
Purpose of course
This module is designed to develop your knowledge and understanding of the steps befriending services can take to protect vulnerable groups, volunteers, staff and the reputation of the organisation. Working within the community requires an awareness of many external factors, knowledge of risk indicators and the use of strong internal controls. Those that complete this course will develop their knowledge and understanding to run their befriending project and support their stakeholders safely.
Learning objectives include
- To assess the purpose of risk management
- To define risk(s) facing your organisation
- To formulate best methods to respond to risk
- To construct an effective risk policy and risk assessment procedure
- To assess your understanding of important legislation
Duration and Time Commitment
Our Vital Skills courses commonly run for two weeks to allow time for independent learning. However, as part of our Befriending Week 2023 celebrations which are focused on the topic of Support, we are offering the course in a one day intensive delivery so that staff can complete the training in a more efficient timing.
Agenda for the day
- 10am - 10:30am > Networking and the purpose of Risk Management
- 10:30am - 11:15am > Risks types facing charities and the third sector
- 11:15am - 11:30am > Tea Break
- 11:30am - 12noon > Risk Policy, Register and Strategy
- 12noon - 1pm > Risk Management Models and Responding to Risk
- 1pm - 1:15pm > Tea Break
- 1:15pm - 2pm > How to write your Risk Policy and Risk Assessment Form
- 2pm - 2:15pm > How well do you know your legislation?
- 2:15pm - 2:30pm > Questions and Close
Participants will receive a certificate of completion after attending and participating online. Participants will also gain access to the Resource Pack with all the course information, as well as any relevant sample policies, procedures or guides signposted during the course.
This delivery is £5 more than our traditional delivery method of Vital Skills. This day of delivery is £60 for members of Befriending Networks, £85 for non-members. Are you a member? Make sure to log in before booking to receive your discount.
Contact the course facilitator Victoria@befriending.co.uk