Vital Skills for Staff
”The course materials were excellent – I enjoyed the course and feel I’ve got a lot out of it. I now feel much more confident with many aspects of my job as an activity co-ordinator.”
—Lorna, Bee Busy BeFriend
”I’ve really enjoyed the course and now feel much more prepared for my coordinator role.”
—Susan, Befrienders Highland
About the Courses
Befriending Networks has developed a series of nine courses in response to the Vital Skills needed by befriending workers. They provide comprehensive grounding for new workers or a refresher for more experienced workers. The following nine courses are offered several times a year online and face-to-face.
- Training for Trainers: The most in-depth of all the Vital Skills Courses, Training for Trainers will give you the confidence to deliver successful training sessions to staff and volunteers. Gain a knowledge of different learning styles and techniques as well as how to develop a teaching plan with objectives and outcomes.
- Recruitment & Selection: Develop a knowledge of how to advertise, interview and recruit volunteers effectively.
- Support & Supervision: Get the most out of support & supervision by learning to create an agenda, an empathetic environment, ensure sessions are legally recorded.
- Boundaries: Learn to establish boundaries, recognise different types of boundaries in your organisation and what to do when a boundary is crossed.
- Matching: Discuss best practice, ways to create lasting and fulfilling matches and what to do when challenges arise.
- Risk Management: Understand the importance of risk management within your organisation, complete a risk assessment and ensure you are complying with legislation.
- Managing Waiting Lists & Endings: Discuss best practice and different methods of management to improve this aspect of your service.
- Monitoring & Evaluation: Analyse how service delivery is measured and recorded and ways to draw conclusions from data to evidence your service's impact.
- Project Development: Assess your organisation's motive for project development and learn to create a SWOT analysis, a strategic plan, and a environment that is ready for change.
- Training for Trainers: £90 for members (£110 for non-members).
- All other Vital Skills Courses: £50/Course for members (£60/course for non-members).
All Nine Courses
- £450 for members (£540 for non-members).
Call Befriending Networks 0131 261 8799 and as for Victoria Galloway, Learning and Development Officer or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Found 20 events.
2-16 April; Webinar 16 April, 1-3pm
20 June - 04 July; Webinar 4 July, 1-3pm
2-16 October; Webinar 16 October, 1-3pm