Matching: Creating a successful matching process and practices to support the achievement of outcomes
Tuesday 16th November 2021 > Thursday 25th November 2021, Webinar 9:30AM - 11:30AM
All Vital Skills courses have been redesigned to ensure they cater to a coordinators/trainer role who work in both face-to-face services as well as distance befriending projects.
Purpose of course
A matching process should be efficient and represent everyone’s best interests. This module is designed to develop your knowledge and understanding of the matching process within your organisation and/or project. From how to incorporate preferences, which information to share and the good practice pathway for matching success: this course will help you to evaluate your matching pathway, its efficiency and highlight any potential for improvement.
Assessment of learning
To complete this course, all sections are mandatory. Participants will receive a certificate on completion. The assessments to complete this course are to:
- Complete the reading to learn the theory
- Design your matching pathway to demonstrate your understanding of clear communication
- Complete your activity pack to illustrate your abilities and understanding of the support and supervision methods and purpose
- Attend the webinar on the last day to share learning, best practice and problem solve with students (9:30am - 11:30am)
Duration and Time Commitment
On average, Vital Skills modules require 7 hours of your time. You are given access to our training platform on day one. Reading and reflection are to be done independently. The duration of the course is to allow participants to accommodate the course within their work/personal schedule. The only fixed time commitment is the webinar time slot where attendance is mandatory. The webinar takes place on Thursday 25th November at 9:30am (maximum duration is 2hrs)
Are you a member of Befriending Networks? Make sure to log in to receive your membership discount, otherwise you will be charged full cost
* Please note: we understand that circumstances may require a change of training dates. We allow you to defer once when we are given notice of at least 48hours, after that it is seen as a non-refundable cancellation. Please do check your diary before committing to any dates.