Risk Management: Demonstrating the need for a strong risk management procedure and how best to protect all involved
Thursday 5th August 2021 > Friday 13th August 2021, Webinar 9:30am - 11:30am
Moodle and Zoom
All Vital Skills courses have been redesigned to ensure they cater to a coordinators/trainer role who work in both face-to-face services as well as distance befriending projects.
Purpose of course
This module is designed to develop your knowledge and understanding of risk management and the key factors that this form of management involves. Discussing the reasons for safety concerns within befriending, this course will review good practice for risk assessing befrienders, service users, environments and relationships. With use of national legislation, assessment models and a copy of our risk assessment template, this course will provide you with the tools necessary to implement a strong risk management procedure into your organisation.
Assessment of learning
To complete this course, all sections are mandatory. Participants will receive a certificate on completion. The assessments to complete this course are to:
- Complete the reading to learn the theory
- Consider your activity agreement form to demonstrate your understanding of risk procedure
- Complete your activity pack to illustrate your abilities and understanding of good practice in risk management
- Attend the webinar on the last day to share learning, best practice and problem solve with students (time here)
Duration and Time Commitment
On average, Vital Skills modules require 7 hours of your time. You are given access to our training platform on day one. Reading and reflection are to be done independently. The duration of the course is to allow participants to accommodate the course within their work/personal schedule. The only fixed time commitment is the webinar time slot where attendance is mandatory. The webinar takes place on Friday 13th August 2021 at 9:30am (maximum duration is 2hrs)
Are you a member of Befriending Networks? Make sure to log in to receive your membership discount, otherwise you will be charged full cost
* Please note: we understand that circumstances may require a change of training dates. We allow you to defer once when we are given notice of at least 48hours, after that it is seen as a non-refundable cancellation. Please do check your diary before committing to any dates.