Boundaries: Establishing the importance of professional boundaries throughout the project
Monday 14th June > Thursday 24th June 2021, Webinar 10am - 12noon
Moodle and Zoom
All Vital Skills courses have been redesigned to ensure they cater to a coordinators/trainer role who work in both face-to-face services as well as distance befriending projects.
Purpose of course
This module is focused on establishing boundaries within the befriending relationship and service. During this course, you will review the importance of boundaries and how to implement them throughout your service. Reviewing why boundaries may be over-stepped, you will develop your knowledge and understanding of how to respond when your service has a breach of boundaries. It is important to have a clear message and this course is designed to help you provide the necessary provision to ensure your befrienders feel safe and your service users are well looked after.
Assessment of learning
To complete this course, all sections are mandatory. Participants will receive a certificate on completion. The assessments to complete this course are to:
- Complete the reading to learn the theory
- Design your boundaries agreement to demonstrate your understanding of a boundary procedure
- Complete your activity pack to illustrate your abilities and understanding of the methods and purpose of Boundaries
- Attend the webinar on the last day to share learning, best practice and problem solve with students (10-12noon)
Duration and Time Commitment
On average, Vital Skills modules require 7 hours of your time. You are given access to our training platform on day one. Reading and reflection are to be done independently. The duration of the course is to allow participants to accommodate the course within their work/personal schedule. The only fixed time commitment is the webinar time slot where attendance is mandatory. The webinar takes place on Thursday 24th June 2021 at 10am - 12noon (maximum duration is 2hrs)
Are you a member of Befriending Networks? Make sure to log in to receive your membership discount, otherwise you will be charged full cost
* Please note: we understand that circumstances may require a change of training dates. We allow you to defer once when we are given notice of at least 48hours, after that it is seen as a non-refundable cancellation. Please do check your diary before committing to any dates.