FULLY BOOKED: Support and Supervision: Creating a professional support system that protects all
Thursday 20th May 2021 > Tuesday 1st June 2021
Moodle and Zoom
All Vital Skills courses have been redesigned to ensure they cater to a coordinators/trainer role who work in both face-to-face services as well as distance befriending projects.
Purpose of course
This module is designed to develop your knowledge and understanding of support and supervision procedures for your staff and volunteers. Supporting and supervising the right volunteers is a constant challenge for befriending services. Making sure you have a clear message about the support that is available and the supervision that is required is important. This course is designed to help you provide the necessary provision to ensure your befrienders feel safe and your service users are well looked after.
Assessment of learning
To complete this course, all sections are mandatory. Participants will receive a certificate on completion. The assessments to complete this course are to:
- Complete the reading to learn the theory
- Design your support and supervision agenda to demonstrate your understanding of structure
- Complete your activity pack to illustrate your abilities and understanding of the support and supervision methods and purpose
- Attend the webinar on the last day to share learning, best practice and problem solve with students (time here)
Duration and Time Commitment
On average, Vital Skills modules require 7 hours of your time. You are given access to our training platform on day one. Reading and reflection are to be done independently. The duration of the course is to allow participants to accommodate the course within their work/personal schedule. The only fixed time commitment is the webinar time slot where attendance is mandatory. The webinar takes place on June 1st 2021 10am - 12noon (maximum duration is 2hrs)
Are you a member of Befriending Networks? Make sure to log in to receive your membership discount, otherwise you will be charged full cost
* Please note: we understand that circumstances may require a change of training dates. We allow you to defer once when we are given notice of at least 48hours, after that it is seen as a non-refundable cancellation. Please do check your diary before committing to any dates.