Recruitment & Selection: Steps to getting and supporting the 'right' team
Monday 24th May 2021 > Friday 4th June 2021
Moodle and Zoom
All Vital Skills courses have been redesigned to ensure they cater to a coordinators/trainer role who work in both face-to-face services as well as distance befriending projects.
Purpose of course
This module is designed to develop your knowledge and understanding of recruiting and selecting your staff and volunteers. Recruiting and retaining the right volunteers is a constant challenge for befriending services. Making sure you have a clear message about what you do and how you do it is important, you have to make sure your messages reaches the right target audience. How to be successful at all of these levels of the recruitment process is the key focus of this course.
Assessment of learning
To complete this course, all sections are mandatory. Participants will receive a certificate on completion. The assessments to complete this course are to:
- Complete the reading to learn the theory
- Design your recruitment poster to demonstrate your understanding of marketing
- Complete your activity pack to illustrate your abilities and understanding of the recruitment pathway and protocols
- Attend the webinar on the last day to share learning, best practice and problem solve with students
Duration and Time Commitment
On average, Vital Skills modules require 7 hours of your time. You are given access to our training platform on day one. Reading and reflection to be done independently. The duration of the course is to allow participants to accommodate the course within their work/personal schedule. The only fixed time commitment is the webinar time slot where attendance is mandatory. The webinar takes place on Friday 4th June 2021 at 10am
Are you a member of Befriending Networks? Make sure to log in to receive your membership discount, otherwise you will be charged full cost
* Please note: we understand that circumstances may require a change of training dates. We allow you to defer once when we are given notice of at least 48hours, after that it is seen as a non-refundable cancellation. Please do check your diary before committing to any dates.