FULLY BOOKED Training for Trainers: How to facilitate effective training in your befriending service
Tuesday 27th April 2021 - Tuesday 18th May 2021
This course is hosted online, access on day one
All Vital Skills courses have been redesigned to ensure they cater to a coordinators/trainer role who work in both face-to-face services as well as distance befriending projects.
Purpose of course
Training for Trainers is designed to provide you with the tools you need to design and facilitate effective training in your befriending service. The course content can assist you to design volunteer training as well as staff training. The training you provide needs to be relevant, engaging and dynamic for it to be effective.
A trainer must have the skills to design and deliver appropriate training and also to inspire and motivate their participants. The aim of Training for Trainers is to give you the all background information you need to develop these skills. This module is designed to develop your knowledge and understanding for training both staff and volunteers. This course is divided into three sections:
- Part 1: Preparing Your Training
- Part 2: Facilitating Your Training
- Part 3: Evaluating Your Training
Assessment of learning
To complete this course, all sections are mandatory. Participants will receive a certificate on completion. The assessments to complete this course are to:
- Complete the reading to learn the theory
- Design your training plan to show your understanding of student needs and the role of a facilitator
- Complete a 10min presentation to demonstrate your facilitation and design skills
- Complete your activity pack to illustrate your abilities and understanding of the transfer of learning
- Attend the webinar on the last day to share learning, best practice and problem solve with students (10am - 1pm)
Duration and Time Commitment
On average, Vital Skills modules require 7 hours of your time. You are given access to our training platform on day one. Reading and reflection are to be done independently. The duration of the course is to allow participants to accommodate the course within their work/personal schedule. The only fixed time commitment is the webinar time slot where attendance is mandatory. The webinar takes place on Tuesday 18th May 2021 at 10am - 1pm.
Are you a member of Befriending Networks? Make sure to log in to receive your membership discount, otherwise you will be charged full cost
* Please note: we understand that circumstances may require a change of training dates. We allow you to defer once when we are given notice of at least 48hours, after that it is seen as a non-refundable cancellation. Please do check your diary before committing to any dates.