Annual Befriending Conference Edinburgh and Befriending Networks AGM
9:30-16:00 Wednesday 6 November 2019
St Paul's and St George's Church, York Place, Edinburgh EH1 3RH
"Spotlight on Health & Wellbeing"
Through a full day of speakers and workshops, find out about the exciting ways befriending is having a positive impact on befrienders and befriendees, discover how innovative technology is being used to support health and wellbeing, and learn about the impact of social prescribing.
Great opportunity to network and share practice with others working in the sector. Lunch provided.
Each attendee will attend two workshops of their choice (subject to availability). This year's workshop facilitators are:
- Aberlour: Supporting the family perinatal
- ALONE: Database and Apps for befriending
- Vintage Vibes: Supporting People with Dementia
- Befriending Lewis: Befriending in Rural Locations
- Health in Mind: Befriending those who have expereinced difficult circumstances
- Paths for All: Walking and Talking - How Physical Activity can fit with Befriending
- Move On: Building Partnerships for Success
- SCVO: Organisational Health & Cyber Security
- And Befriending Networks: Helping your Volunteers deal with Bereavement and How to Maximise Your Funding
Full Rate: £110 Members/£130 Non-Members (beginning 1 October)
Programme for conference available here
Booking will close on Thursday 24th October 2019