Safeguarding in Befriending
Tuesday 26th October 11AM - 12:30PM
Course is for staff and volunteers - involves online webinar and course booklet
Purpose of course:
Safeguarding in Befriending has been designed to provide guidance and support to befriending projects staff and volunteers where appropriate. This course is centred around good practice in safeguarding and understanding in the following key areas:
- What is meant by the term Vulnerability and Abuse
- Safeguarding guidance in Scotland, England and wales
- How to recognise the types and indicators of harm and abuse
- What you should do if you suspect that someone is being harmed
Assessment of Learning:
An email will be sent the week prior to the course (not including late bookings). To complete this course, participants must:
Read the Safeguarding in Befriending Resource Pack ( approx. learning time 30 mins)
Read and consider the Safeguarding scenarios and reflective questions (approx. learning time 60 mins) – a separate PDF will be created
Attend online webinar to discuss safeguarding guidance and scenarios.
This course is designed to give participants time to consider guidance and scenarios and to come together as a group to have an interactive discussion on the topic.
Are you a member of Befriending Networks? Make sure to log in to ensure you get your membership discount.
Thank you for booking on to Safeguarding in Befriending. Angus will be in touch with you when the course starts. If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact Angus@befriending.co.uk
* Please note: we understand that circumstances may require a change of training dates. We allow you to defer once when we are given notice of at least 48hours, after that it is seen as a non-refundable cancellation. Please do check your diary before committing to any dates.