Safeguarding in Befriending
Course access : Tuesday 4th May to Friday 21st May
This course runs online, Access will be given by email
Purpose of course:
Safeguarding in Befriending has been designed to provide guidance and support to befriending projects staff, trustees and volunteers where appropriate. This course is centred around independent learning. All participants should complete the course with a strong understanding of the purpose and importance of safeguarding, definition and indicators for different types of abuse, best practice in safeguarding for all ages as well as the roles and responsibilities within befriending in regards to safeguarding.
Assessment of Learning:
To complete this course, participants must:
- Read the Safeguarding in Befriending Resource Pack
- Read the Befriending Networks Safeguarding policy template
- Review and amend your safeguarding policy to meet requirements before uploading for review
- Evaluate and answer the safeguarding scenarios
- Complete the safeguarding quiz
Participants will be issued a certificate of completion if all work is completed within the given timeframe.
Duration and Time Commitment:
This course is designed to be flexible to accommodate your responsibility and timing needs within the duration. There is no webinar to attend but all work must be completed during the time frame given.
Are you a member of Befriending Networks? Make sure to log in to ensure you get your membership discount.
Contact Angus@befriending.co.uk to find out more
* Please note: we understand that circumstances may require a change of training dates. We allow you to defer once when we are given notice of at least 48hours, after that it is seen as a non-refundable cancellation. Please do check your diary before committing to any dates.