Dementia and Befriending
Access Monday 17th May > Webinar Friday 21st May 11am-12:30pm
Moodle and Zoom
Purpose of course:
Dementia and Befriending has been designed due to feedback and high demand from befriending organisations across the UK. Similar to our Mental Health Awareness, Safeguarding and Bereavement: This topical training course is suitable for Staff and trustees.
- Are you unsure about how to support service users with dementia within your project?
- Are you unsure how to train volunteers so they feel confident about their role and their abilities to make a positive impact on someone with dementia?
This course is to help you design your own inhouse dementia training with use of our training resources and/or help you to create a dementia friendly service following good practice.
Assessment of learning:
All participants will receive a copy of two documents:
1. Training Toolkit: Resources, activities and information for training staff and/or volunteers to better support those with dementia. All materials and training activities can be taken, altered and/or used within your project as you see fit.
2. Good Practice Guide: Supporting People with Dementia: Guidance on running a befriending project that supports service users with dementia. This GPG is exclusive to this course.
Please note: to complete this course you are required to complete the reading of both resources within the allocated time. You have access to the learning platform for that one week so as to do this at your pace and to your schedule. You will then attend the Online reflective session.
Duration and Time Commitment:
You are given access to our training platform on day one. Here you will access the course content. Please be aware our Good Practice Guide and Training Toolkit is very detailed, broken into several sections and requires time to read thoroughly and reflect on.
Depending on your capability, approximately 6-8hours is the recommended time to complete the reading prior to the webinar on Friday 21st May at 11am - 12:30pm. You will of course be able to download and safe these resources for future use.
The duration of the course reflects the time required to complete the independent study for your reading. The only fixed time commitment is the webinar, where attendance is mandatory. Please ensure you are available to join this webinar 11am - 12:30pm. If the date or time of this training event does not suit, please book on to an alternative date of the course running.
Are you a member of Befriending Networks? Make sure to log in to ensure you get your membership discount.
* Please note: we understand that circumstances may require a change of training dates. We allow you to defer once when we are given notice of at least 48hours, after that it is seen as a non-refundable cancellation. Please do check your diary before committing to any dates.