Bereavement in Befriending
Access Monday 17th May > Wednesday 19th May 1pm - 2:30pm
Purpose of course:
Bereavement in Befriending has been designed due to feedback and a high request from befriending services. This course is designed to support both volunteers and staff with the difficulties and barriers they may face when dealing with a bereavement. Though this may be a more common circumstance in older services, this course is designed to cater to all ages and projects. Information and activities present can also be used to inspire in-house bereavement training for your project. Topics covered:
- What is bereavement/grief?
- Theories on understanding bereavement
- Communication and empathy
- Death and bereavement in different cultures
- Supporting service users who are bereaved
- Supporting volunteers who are bereaved
- Shared experience and networking
Assessment of learning:
This course content is a booklet “HOW TO HANDLE AND SUPPORT BEREAVEMENT IN YOUR SERVICE”. This resource provides information to help both organisation and volunteer. During the webinar on the last day of the course, participants will discuss what information and activities can be of use during staff and/or volunteer training, as well as information that can support someone during a loss. The reflective online workshop allows the opportunity to share knowledge and learning, share guidance and experience, compare policies and procedures, and ask any questions you may have.
Duration and Time Commitment:
You are given access to our training platform on day one. Reading and reflection to be done independently. The duration of the course is to allow participants to accommodate the course within their work/personal schedule. The only fixed time commitment is the webinar time slot where attendance is mandatory: Wednesday 19th May 2021 1pm - 2:30pm
Are you a member of Befriending Networks? Make sure to log in to ensure you get your membership discount.
* Please note: we understand that circumstances may require a change of training dates. We allow you to defer once when we are given notice of at least 48hours, after that it is seen as a non-refundable cancellation. Please do check your diary before committing to any dates.