Online: Bereavement in Befriending
Course Access 7th September, Webinar Thursday 24th September 11am - 12:30pm
This course is hosted on Moodle
Bereavement in Befriending has been designed due to feedback and a high request from befriending services. This course is designed to support both volunteers and staff with the difficulties and barriers they may face when dealing with a bereavement. Though this may be a more common circumstance in older services, this course is designed to cater to all ages and projects.
- What is bereavement/grief?
- Theories on understanding bereavement
- Communication and empathy
- Death and bereavement in different cultures
- Supporting service users who are bereaved
- Supporting volunteers who are bereaved
- Shared experience and networking
Learn more about this online course by looking at our Visual Guide to Bereavement in Befriending
Please note, to complete the course all participants must complete the reading, the activities online in the allocated time to then attend the webinar on Thursday 24th September at 11am (Duration 1.5hrs)