Online: Mental Health Awareness in Befriending
Course Access 17/02 - 11/03, Online Webinar 12/03 1:30pm - 3pm
This course is hosted on Moodle
Bookings close Friday 14th Febraury 2020, 5pm
This course is open to both staff and volunteers. Onavergae, this course requires 8hrs of independent study. You can access the resources and activity pack at work, at home or on your phone during the commute! This course is designed to be flexible around your schedule but please make sure you have the time available for the webinar before signing up to the work.
You have from Monday 17th February - Wednesday 11th March to access our online Moodle, complete the reading and upload your work for marking. Participants then come together online for our Mental Health Awareness Webinar on Thursday 12th March 1:30pm - 3pm. During the webinar, participants will discuss their work, share best practice and network with others.
On completion, of both the course work and the webinar, you will be sent your certificate of completion.
Both Face-to-Face & Online Mental Health Awareness Training is designed to provide participants with a knowledge of mental health issues and strategies to better support staff, volunteers and service users. During the training the following learning outcomes would be achieved
- Identify our own attitudes toward mental health and mental illness
- Differentiate between mental illnesses
- Analyse factors that can positively effect mental health as well as factors that can have a negative impact
- Explain three factors (assessment, diagnosis, diagnostic) of accessing mental health support
- Assess societal views and stereotypes
- Identify Government strategies that aim to improve mental health in the UK and recognise how befriending can relate to them
- Evaluate the importance of resilience and identify the ways befriending relationships can encourage this
- Reflect on your own awareness of mental health
- Formulate support available for staff and service users
If you have any questions, please do not hesitiate to get in touch Victoria@befriending.co.uk