Online Course: Mental Health Awareness
12th August 2019 - 22nd August 2019
Go To Meeting
You have from Monday 12th August - Wednesday 21st August to access our online Moodle, complete the reading and upload your work for marking. Participants then come together online for our Mental Health Awareness Webinar on Thursday 22nd August 10am - 12noon. During the webinar, participants will discuss their work, share best practice and network with others.
On completion, of both the course work and the webinar, you will be sent your certificate of completion.
Both Face-to-Face & Online Mental Health Awareness Training is designed to provide participants with a knowledge of mental health issues and strategies to better support staff, volunteers and service users. During the training the following learning outcomes would be achieved
- Identify our own attitudes toward mental health and mental illness
- Differentiate between mental illnesses
- Analyse factors that can positively effect mental health as well as factors that can have a negative impact
- Explain three factors (assessment, diagnosis, diagnostic) of accessing mental health support
- Assess societal views and stereotypes
- Identify Government strategies that aim to improve mental health in the UK and recognise how befriending can relate to them
- Evaluate the importance of resilience and identify the ways befriending relationships can encourage this
- Reflect on your own awareness of mental health
- Formulate support available for staff and service users
If you have any questions, please do not hesitiate to get in touch.