Online: Bereavement in Befriending
Course Access 04/06 - 24/06, Webinar Wednesday 24th June 1:30 - 3pm
This course is hosted on Moodle
Bereavement in Befriending has been designed due to feedback and a high request from befriending services. This course is designed to support both volunteers and staff with the difficulties and barriers they may face when dealing with a bereavement. Though this may be a more common circumstance in older services, this course is designed to cater to all ages and projects.
- What is bereavement/grief?
- Theories on understanding bereavement
- Communication and empathy
- Death and bereavement in different cultures
- Supporting service users who are bereaved
- Supporting volunteers who are bereaved
- Shared experience and networking throughout
As this course is a Pilot, we will be running this course at a discounted rate for this first time online. Please note, to complete the course all participants must complete the reading, the activities online in the allocated time to then attend the webinar on Wednesday 24th June 2020, 1:30pm - 3pm.