(Online) Risk Management: Demonstrating the need for a strong risk management procedure and how best to protect all involved in Befriending
Course Access 03/08 - 27/08, Webinar 03/08 1-3pm
This course is hosted on Moodle
Developing your knowledge and understanding in risk management, this module focuses on the need on the need for risk management as well as the best way to infiltrate it within your organisation. Learn how to create a risk assessment, influence safety in your projects and ensure you are meeting national legislation.
By the end of this module participants will have explored:
- What risk management is and why it’s needed
- The reasons for safety concerns within befriending
- Which practices befriending projects can use to influence safety and how befriending services can make these practices most effective
- Good practice in risk assessing clients
- National legislation of relevance to risk management in befriending
- The HSE risk assessment five-step model and its application
- The idea that good risk assessment can and should allow you to feel safe about being adventurous.
Vital Skills is made up of one resource pack (which includes the theory, best practice and advice) and one activity pack where you are asked to put your knowledge to the test. Modules may also have quizzes. All work is accessible online and is marked online. This streamlined format is designed to support your busy schedules. The contact session takes place on Go To Meeting. During this video conference you can compare answers with other organisations, share best practice as well as get feedback on your work.
Both the course work and the webinar are mandatory for achieving the module.