Glasgow: Bereavement in Befriending FULLY BOOKED
Wednesday 26th February 2020, 10am - 4pm
No 1 Befriending, 8th floor, 1 Cadogan Square, 51 Cadogan Street, G20, 7HF
THIS EVENT IS FULLY BOOKED
Bereavement in Befriending has been designed due to feedback and a high request from Befriending Services.
This course is designed to support both volunteers and staff with the difficulties and barriers they may face when dealing with a bereavement. Though this may be a more common circumstance in older services, this course is designed to cater to all ages and projects.
Topics covered include:
- What is bereavement / grief?
- Theories on understanding bereavement
- Communication and empathy
- Death and bereavement in different cultures
- Supporting service users who are bereaved
- Supporting volunteers who are bereaved
- Shared experience and networking throughout
As this course is a Pilot, we will be running this course at £45 per participant, £55 non-members. Both staff and volunteers are welcome to attend. This will run online Autumn 2020 for those that cannot travel and pilot cost will be honoured for one run.
Full day event:
Registration and Networking 9:45am - 10am
Course running 10am - 4pm.
45minute lunch approximately 12:30pm
Refreshments will be provided throughout the day but please note lunch is not provided.