(Edinburgh) Managing Waiting Lists + Endings: Recognising the importance of a strong process throughout the befriending pathway
Tuesday 2nd June 2020, 1:30pm - 4pm
Befriending Networks, 63-65 Shandwick Place Edinburgh EH2 4SD
This module provides you with the skills to monitor and analyse the successfulness of your waiting list and ending practice. Through discussion of best practice and different methods of management, this module should highlight any developments you could or should make to improve your service.
During this module, participants will have:
- Discussed what the current situation in their service is, as regards their waiting list and how this makes them feel
- Looked at how to work with and keep in contact with people who are on the waiting list
- Explored strategies for managing waiting lists, including: Reducing the numbers of referrals their service takes on & creating more capacity to enable them to potentially work with more clients
- Bringing existing matches to an end so new ones can be created
- Looked at the number and types of relationships that your service can feasibly support
- Discussed in what circumstances your organisation would end a match or its involvement in it
- Explored good practice in ending matches
- Thought about why having a waiting list might be a good thing
Accessibility and Refreshments:
This event is hosted at Befriending Networks office in Edinburgh. Refreshments will be provided. There are many shops and cafes available in the area and on Shandwick Place if you choose to bring your own. Please note, we do not have lift access and our office is based on the second floor. We apologise for this inconvenience.
Any questions, please contact Victoria@befriending.co.uk or call 0131 261 8799