(Edinburgh) Boundaries: Establishing the importance of professional boundaries throughout the project
Thursday 21st May 2020 1:30pm - 4pm
Befriending Networks, 63-65 Shandwick Place Edinburgh EH2 4SD
"We have boundaries in every relationship that we have. More often than not, these are unspoken and unacknowledged even to ourselves. Often we are unaware of where our boundaries lie in any relationship until they are overstepped. Befriending relationships are unique in combining both personal and professional elements, so it could be confusing.
All the more reason, then, that boundaries are established, acknowledged, spoken about and understood for the sake of our clients, our volunteers and our organisations" Guide to Good Practice in Befriending
This module looks at establishing boundaries within the befriending relationship and service. By the end of the session participants will developed their knowledge and understanding by exploring the following learning outcomes:
- Analyse why boundaries are important within befriending
- Recognise the different levels of boundaries relevant within a befriending organisation
- Identify common boundaries within befriending
- Choose how to establish boundaries in your service
- Predict why boundaries within befriending might be overstepped
- Discuss how to respond if boundaries in your service are breached
- Memorise some good practice guidelines in establishing and maintaining the appropriate boundaries for your service
Accessibility and Refreshments:
This event is hosted at Befriending Networks office in Edinburgh. Refreshments will be provided. There are many shops and cafes available in the area and on Shandwick Place if you choose to bring your own. Please note, we do not have lift access and our office is based on the second floor. We apologise for this inconvenience.
Any questions, please contact Victoria@befriending.co.uk or call 0131 261 8799