(Edinburgh) Risk Management: Demonstrating the need for a strong risk management procedure and how best to protect all involved
Thursday 21st May 2020 10am - 12:30pm
Befriending Networks, 63-65 Shandwick Place Edinburgh EH2 4SD
Developing your knowledge and understanding in risk management, this module focuses on the need on the need for risk management as well as the best way to infiltrate it within your organisation. Learn how to create a risk assessment, influence safety in your projects and ensure you are meeting national legislation. By the end of this module participants will have explored:
- What risk management is and why it’s needed.
- The reasons for safety concerns within befriending.
- Which practices befriending projects can use to influence safety and how befriending services can make these practices most effective.
- Good practice in risk assessing clients.
- National legislation of relevance to risk management in befriending.
- The HSE risk assessment five-step model and its application.
- The idea that good risk assessment can and should allow you to feel safe about being adventurous
Accessibility and Refreshments:
This event is hosted at Befriending Networks office in Edinburgh. Refreshments will be provided but please do bring your own lunch. There are many shops and cafes available in the area and on Shandwick Place. Please note, we do not have lift access and our office is based on the second floor. We apologise for this inconvenience.
Any questions, please contact Victoria@befriending.co.uk or call 0131 261 8799