(Edinburgh) Training for Trainers: How to facilitate effective training in your befriending service
19th May 2020, 10am - 4pm
Befriending Networks, 63-65 Shandwick Place Edinburgh EH2 4SD
Are you new to training staff or volunteers? Or does your training just need a refresher?
The training you provide to your volunteer befrienders needs to be relevant, engaging and dynamic for it to be effective. A trainer must have the skills to design and deliver appropriate training and also to inspire and motivate their participants. The aim of Training for Trainers is to give you the all background information you need to develop these skills.
This module is designed to develop your knowledge and understanding for training both staff and volunteers. This full day event will assist you to:
- Examine the general principles of successful learning methods
- Define the concept of individual learning styles and its implications for trainers
- Discuss frequent barriers to learning and strategies for overcoming them
- Propose how to prepare and introduce a training session
- Experiment with the purpose of icebreakers and energisers and principles for using them effectively
- Demonstrate the facilitation and presentation skills in training delivery
- Describe how to achieve the transfer of learning
- Examine your own strengths and weaknesses, hopes and fears as a trainer
- Recognise the purpose and content of your befriender training programme
- Idenitfy the session planning skills required to put training content together effectively
- Illustrate challenging situations in training and how to overcome them successfully
Participants will receive a certificate on completion.
Accessibility and Refreshments:
This event is hosted at Befriending Networks office in Edinburgh. Refreshments will be provided but please do bring your own lunch. There are many shops and cafes available in the area and on Shandwick Place. Please note, we do not have lift access and our office is based on the second floor. We apologise for this inconvenience.
Any questions, please contact Victoria@befriending.co.uk or call 0131 261 8799