Edinburgh: Management and Leadership for Befriending Projects
Part One Thursday 2nd April / Part Two Thursday 23rd April
Befriending Networks, 63-65 Shandwick Place Edinburgh EH2 4SD
Do you work in a management or leadership role? Or hoping to work your way up?
Management and Leadership for Befriending Projects aims to provide participants with the opportunity to develop their knowledge and understanding of strong management and leadership skills.
PART ONE: Thursday 2nd April 2020 10am - 4pm
Your first day will provide you with the theory and ideas for strong management and leadership. This first session will allow you to discuss and explore the theories and methods before applying it to your job role over the next three weeks.
PART TWO: Thursday 23rd April 2020 10am - 4pm
Part two takes place three weeks after the first so that you can have time to practice and apply your new knowledge and techniques into your role. This will allow you time to reflect on what works for you and what doesn't as well as a chance to identify your strengths and weaknesses.
On completion of this course, participants will have:
- Recognise the difference between the terms Management and Leadership
- Demonstrate skills in conflict management
- Assess the importance of monitoring and evaluation
- Expressed an understanding of delegation, planning and allocation
- Examine methods for integrating new staff and different working styles
- Assemble strategies to manage stress in the workplace
- Compare techniques to motivate your team
- Formulate effective performance management and methods for managing underperformance
Attendance at both dates is mandatory to complete this course and to gain your certificate. Fruit, biscuits and refreshments throughout the day will be provided but please bring your own lunch. Befriending Networks is on Shandwick Place which has easy access to Sainsbury's, Pret a Manger, Starbucks, Greggs and many more for those wishing to buy lunch on the day.
Please note Befriending Networks is based on the second floor of the building and unfortunately does not have a lift. Please contact us if you have any questions at 0131 261 8799 / Victoria@befriending.co.uk