(Online) Training for Trainers: How to facilitate effective training in your befriending service
Course Access 01/06 - 25/06, Webinar 25/06 10am - 12noon
Are you new to training staff or volunteers? Or does your training just need a refresher?
The training you provide to your volunteer befrienders needs to be relevant, engaging and dynamic for it to be effective. A trainer must have the skills to design and deliver appropriate training and also to inspire and motivate their participants. The aim of Training for Trainers is to give you the all background information you need to develop these skills.
This course allows you several weeks to complete your independent study where you will read your resource pack, complete the work in your activity pack and design your very own teaching plan. On Thursday 25th June, you will connect online at 10am for our two hour webinar to share best practice with other participants, discuss answers and network.
This module is designed to develop your knowledge and understanding for training both staff and volunteers. This course will assist you to:
- Examine the general principles of successful learning methods
- Define the concept of individual learning styles and its implications for trainers
- Discuss frequent barriers to learning and strategies for overcoming them
- Propose how to prepare and introduce a training session
- Experiment with the purpose of icebreakers and energisers and principles for using them effectively
- Demonstrate the facilitation and presentation skills in training delivery
- Describe how to achieve the transfer of learning
- Examine your own strengths and weaknesses, hopes and fears as a trainer
- Recognise the purpose and content of your befriender training programme
- Idenitfy the session planning skills required to put training content together effectively
- Illustrate challenging situations in training and how to overcome them successfully
To complete this course, all sections are mandatory. Participants will receive a certificate on completion.