Grand Union Housing Group
As a housing association, we setting up this serve for customers of any age who are isolated/lonely would benefit from a regular phone conversation.
Information for volunteers
We are setting up a trial telephone befriending service to run until April 2021. This will provide weekly phone calls to customers in need of friendship and support.
Could you become a volunteer befriender? The answer is yes if the following points describe you:
• you want to help others feel less isolated and lonely
• you can regularly volunteer for 1-3 hours each week for at least three months.
• you can listen with empathy and understanding and without being judgemental
• you can encourage conversation and sharing of news, focusing on the positive and helping people smile
• you can follow procedures and guidance designed to keep everyone safe.