Why should you become a member?
"I think it’s been a great year, ranging from contacts within the Scottish Parliament, involvement in campaigns, raising awareness of loneliness, to the big volunteer recruitment drive on the radio. BNs staff always seem to have their finger on the pulse and are regularly out there flying the flag for our collective services."
—Integr8 West Lothian Youth Service
The main benefits of membership include:
- Free online training on Core Befriending Skills for Volunteers
- Discounted Vital Skills and Complementary training - Face to Face, Online and Bespoke
- Access to our Quality in Befriending Award Process
- Discounted access to national events
- Free access to our regional Common Ground networking events, or by webinar
- Access to 1:1 telephone support with our trained and highly experienced staff
- Free copy of our ‘Good Practice in Befriending’ Guide
- Access to member only sections on our website including a bank of useful resource documents and news articles
- Access to our Evaluation Toolkit
- Free listing in the Befriending Services Directory, the online database of befriending organisations in the UK and Ireland
- Free advertising for befriending staff vacancies on our website, in our monthly newsletter and on social media, and promotion of events via our Facebook page and Twitter
- Access to our consultancy and evaluation service
Click here for current membership costs.